Pages

Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Travel Blog First Post and Introduction

Copyright © 2017 Douglas R. Wong. All rights reserved.

Welcome to the First Post

I’ve been wanting to expand my blogging to my previous (and current) travels using the ducksoupeasytravel moniker. If you’ve noticed the ducksoupeasy recipe blog hasn’t had much activity lately, it’s because I’ve been traveling; the current places I’m visiting are Seoul in South Korea, Singapore, and Japan.

I should probably give you a short introduction to my past travels. Although it’s been a while since I’ve traveled to Asia, I used to travel frequently to Seoul and Japan at least 4 times a year. As you can guess, I’ve got a lot of airline miles accumulated due to my past frequent travels.

In the past, I always traveled with my 35mm DSLR camera and lenses (for those that care, I use Nikon equipment). However, for the current trip, I decided to forego the weight of all that equipment, and use the camera on my smartphone and a point-and-shoot camera. I must be getting old, since I went for convenience over functionality.

I hope to post pictures and write about the travel experiences that I’ve had. I wanted to keep this first post short, since I’m traveling right now and I wanted to post something relevant to Thanksgiving, even though I’m in a place that does not celebrate the American holiday.

So you’re not seeing things in this post’s picture. The sign on the far right does say $129.90 for a 22-24 lb. frozen turkey. I bet you didn’t pay that for your turkey this (or any) year! The price is correct, but it’s in Singapore dollars. I took this picture at one of the (many) department stores that have grocery floors in their basements. You’ll see food floors in department stores in many parts of Asia. The current exchange rate for the Singapore dollar makes that 22-24 lb. frozen turkey about 100 US dollars. So I don’t think you have much to complain about turkey prices in the USA.

Well, that’s it for the first post. I wish you all health and happiness for Thanksgiving. Just enjoy your (low priced) turkey with your family. I hope to start posting regularly soon.

Map:


Support

  • Thanks for your continued support and comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...